To further ensure that organisations working with parents focussed their efforts on the most disadvantaged families, we hosted a webinar titled “Supporting disadvantaged parents to engage in their children’s learning”. You can watch brief highlights below or the full version on Vimeo. We were joined for the webinar by over 100 different education organisations, and 50 more have watched the full recording since.
We were joined by the following speakers:
- Tom Harbour (Host) – Founder & CEO, Maths with Parents
- Ariel Kalil – Director of Behavioural Insights and Parenting Lab, University of Chicago
- Kerry-Jane Packman – Executive Director, Parentkind
- Janet Goodall – Associate Professor, Swansea University
- Ian Mearns MP – Member of the Education Select Committee
- Jonathan Douglas – CEO, National Literacy Trust
- Tilly Browne – Primary Headteacher, Reach Academy Feltham
I am immensely proud and thankful for the work that our team and our supporters have put in over the last few weeks. We are responding with urgency to the current situation whilst building, with extensive support from Bain & Co, a sustainable model to build the fair education system that we all want to see. We are working hard to ensure that the education system harnesses the potential of this crisis to drive meaningful change, so that every child is supported at home and at school to fulfil their potential.
If you would like to collaborate with us in this crucial work I would love to hear from you.